Source for small oscillator crystals

I am working on a project using an FT2232C. I am trying to find a source of small oscillator crystals. The smallest I have found so far is a Citizen CS20 which is larger than the chip I am trying to use. Seems rather silly to build this nice smd board and then have this huge crystal nearly dwarfing the rest of my components.

Reply to
db

ACT in the UK makes miniature SM crystals in a 5 mm x 7 mm package, if that helps. I've got some 8 MHz ones but haven't used them.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Here is a brief list...

NDK -

ILSI -
MF -

If these don't suit your needs, drop me an email to the address below and I will check my data sheets. I have seen some as small as 2 x 3 mm IIRC. I know you can find them readily at 3 x 5 mm.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.

rickman

After looking at the suggested sites, I did not find anything that was that much smaller than the CS20. The FT2232C needs a 6Mhz crystal. It seems that the crystal sizes are in the 9-12mm range.

I did look into ceramic resonators. The FTDI datasheet does recommend one from Murata with a .1% tolerance, but does not appear to be readily available.The datasheet claims that .5% would work to but is not in USB spec. I much rather stay in spec with a larger component. than risk problems with a smaller less accurate component.

Reply to
db