Source for small oscillator crystals

I am working on a project using an FT2232C. I am trying to find a
source of small oscillator crystals. The smallest I have found so far
is a Citizen CS20 which is larger than the chip I am trying to use.
Seems rather silly to build this nice   smd board and then have this
huge crystal nearly dwarfing the rest of my components.

Re: Source for small oscillator crystals

ACT in the UK makes miniature SM crystals in a 5 mm x 7 mm package, if that
helps. I've got some 8 MHz ones but haven't used them.

Leon

Re: Source for small oscillator crystals

Here is a brief list...

NDK - http://www.ndk.com /
ILSI - http://www.ilsiamerica.com /
MF - http://www.mfelectronics.com /

If these don't suit your needs, drop me an email to the address below
and I will check my data sheets.  I have seen some as small as 2 x 3 mm
IIRC.  I know you can find them readily at 3 x 5 mm.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Source for small oscillator crystals

After looking at the suggested sites, I did not find anything that was
that much smaller than the CS20. The FT2232C needs a 6Mhz crystal. It
seems that  the crystal sizes are in the 9-12mm range.

I did look into ceramic resonators. The FTDI datasheet does recommend
one from Murata with a .1% tolerance, but does not appear to be
readily available.The datasheet claims that .5% would work to but is
not in USB spec. I much rather stay in spec with a larger component.
than risk problems with a smaller less accurate component.

Site Timeline