Re: Favorite 3V / 5V interfacing technique?

Straight forward (and maybe boring) solution:

Use 3/4 74AHC125 or VHC125 (VCC connected to 3,3V) to translate levels for
spice,spiclk,spimosi.
These chips allow higher input levels as their VCC:
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ahc125.pdf

Use a single gate HCT125 (VCC connected to 5V) buffer for spimiso.
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ahct1g125.pdf

MIKE

Re: Favorite 3V / 5V interfacing technique?

If You will use divider ( resistors 18k and 33k) it will work but the shape
of signal could be too flat for such speed (1Mbit). I'm using that for speed
about 250 Kbps (an it works). For transmission 3,3V->5V signal is high
enough (for most cases everything higher than 2,1V is known as '1').

Good luck,
Dominik

Re: Favorite 3V / 5V interfacing technique?
Hi,

I am using such circuit. Baudrate is approx 1.7M and it uses transistor.
I am 1's complementing the byte as and when it is received.
Also sending the 1's complement to the peripheral.

Regards,
Mehta