Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

I'm looking for an embedded processor board or module with an on-board LCD
controller chip able to drive a 800x600 color touchscreen LCD. I have in
mind a PC compatible solution (PC104 or similar), but would like to know
which other solutions are available on the market (coldfire ? others ?).
Should support Linux or a real-time Linux version, should have support for
flash memory (256Mb or more).

Thanks !

Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM
http://www.alciom.com

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

www.revely.com RMS101 - the LH79520 can handle 800x600 color LCDs.

Not *explicitly* ported to the RMS101, but the '520 can of course run
ARM-Linux. The board has a little on-board NOR flash (bootable) and an
MMC slot for storage.

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?
Thanks Lewin, but this one doesn't seems to support direct connection to LCD
panels (I mean without VGA to LCD circuitry in the LCD...). What I need is
ideally a chipset driving directly a dumb LCD panel. Anyway I will
investigate a little more...

Thanks...

Robert

LCD
for

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

For people reading the NG - this discussion was continued in email.
The RMS101's processor (LH79520) has direct drive for parallel
TFT-LCDs built in. The designer of this particular board has put a DAC
on them, but you could just as easily put an LVDS transmitter on them
for modern LVDS LCD panels.

Another good candidate (especially now the OP tells me it's for
largish production) is the Compulab (Israel) ARMcore,
www.compulab.co.il.

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?
As Lewin alluded to, the LH79520 can drive 800 x 600 TFT panels.  The
interface to these is direct.  I know...I've tried it.

Another SBC option is a Logic card engine that has Linux ported to it
already.  You can read more about these at:
http://www.logicpd.com/eps/sharp/sharp_devkits.php

You can buy the Zoom Starter Kits for $299 from distributors such as Future
& Avnet.  The Linux BSP is a free download you can get once you register
which has alot of the Zaurus Apps (QT/Embedded, Konqueruer Browser) included
in it.  In addition, to make things easy, Logic has a 12.1" SVGA (800 x 600)
display kit that will plug right into the Zoom Starter Kits.  Read more on
these at:  http://www.logicpd.com/eps/peripherals.php

Not quite sure how the LH79520 will perform with Linux & a SVGA display, but
if it runs too slow, you can bump up to the LH7A400 (ARM9) Zoom Starter kit
for $349.  Not a bad deal!

-ZO

LCD
is

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

How about a  half-creditcard  sized  TQM823L  PowerPC  module?  Power
consumption  is  less  thn  2 Watts worst case. Comes with U-Boot and
Linux. RTAI supported. Microwindows running out of the box.

See http://www.denx.de/re/TQM8xxL.html for some images

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de

It's a nice product, I would love to play with them. But I WISH YOU
WOULD PUT SOME APPROXIMATE PRICING on your site! Even just the two
extremes; "sample pricing $XXX, down to as low as $YYY in large
volumes" would be a fantastic help.

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

Both these boards can directly drive a 800x600 flat panel (digitally)
and have the option of a touch-screen interface.

http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/pc104/processors/VIPER.htm

http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/pc104/processors/SBC_GX1.htm

Cheers,

Ian

Re: Embedded controller board w/800x600 color LCD controller ?

You can also check out http://www.zendex.com they have a PC/104 board,
which has a Linux version resident and bootable from flash.  The LCD
and backlight can be powered from the board.

Good luck,

Bob McWilliams

Site Timeline