Using A Circuit Breaker As A Manual Switch

uld

No insult was intended nor should be taken.

Some people do everything on spec and some people occasionally do things off spec.

And some will try to turn off spec into a religion. The more gnarly the better. President Obama is not one of those people.

A retired electrician just told me there was no way to damage CBs by flipping them like switches.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

He can't. YOU can killfile him.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They have a rated time/load curve. As the load increases the trip time is reduced which is why you can load them to the max current rating. The cable resistance is measured to to give an Earth Fault Current figure that would trip the CB within 0.4 seconds. If the Live/Earth resistance is too high for the breaker it won't trip fast enough.

Ron

--

MrRonMan@googlemail.com
Reply to

I let my killfile expire every once in a while to give people second chances, particularly when they show some signs of competence.

He's earned his way back in.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

that sucks, but at least he didn't get ripped off by the insurance company.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader