Radio Tuning

A capacitor and an inductor form a resonant circuit. There are other ways to tune. The example that you give is digital tuning. Look here first and do some research.

Good Luck, Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Hi All

Where or What is the formula to calculate Radio Frequencies?

Variable Capacitor (I assuming) as the tuning dial, then what give you the range of Freq to tune into. Yes I'm wanting to start my first electronics project and would like to build a simple yet effective radio, driven on a 9V battery.

Also Automatic tuners or scanners found on modern car radios do, these detect the strongest Voltage / ? to determine that the current frequency is a good channel to lock into. You know you press the button and the radio runs through the stations, and stops at some point. Missing some stations. What makes it stop a detection in strong voltage or what ??

Thanks in advance B

Reply to
Roy Ingham