generator

i would like to know something more about generators. i know they convert mechanical E to electrical E, but i would like to built one. simple of course. can someone help?

Reply to
animus.car

I don't know if you tried Google, but I'd start there. Home made generator ... generator experiments ... make your own electricity ... build a simple generator ...

For an experiment, you could use ceramic magnets, coils, and LEDs to just "play" with the concept. You could even hot glue the ceramic magnets to a dowel rod and chuck that assembly in an electric drill to make a moving magnetic field to induce electrical energy into some fixed coils. Lots of stuff to try here, if you just want to play. Have fun.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Yep, I can help....

  1. Beg or steal a small DC motor.
  2. Stick a voltmeter on its terminals.
  3. Spin the motor

Simple eh ? Google how to make a DC motor if you want to build your own.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Duke

Here is a site that I check in on occasionally just for grins:

These guys have built several wind generators from bare bones parts. Of course you don't necessarily have to turn the thing with a prop . . . .

One of my favorite pages on the site is the story about the hamster powered alternator:

Go Skippy! Go! ;-)

Nels

Reply to
Nelson Johnsrud