Front panel printing

I remember once finding a site that offered an online service for printing stick on front panels on the sort of rugged plastic that is used for membrane keyboards.

Would seem to be a pretty straightforward service, but I have been googling for 1/2 an hour now and have not found any!

Tips anybody?

Reply to
Roger

http://www.nameplatesforindustry.com/
Reply to
John Fields

Find one of the sign makers that cut the vinyl lettering. Jim Thompson has a stika vinyl cutting machine, maybe talk to him.

Reply to
James Thompson

--
Don\'t you even bother reading a thread before posting irrelevant
crap to it?

Do You? He wanted stick on lettering, what is wrong with the vinyl stick on lettering? DUH! If it is not what he was wanting in the way of front panel lettering, Then it is him who sould say. It's not any of your business - screw yourself !

Reply to
James Thompson

--
Yes, that\'s why I replied with the link to:

http://www.nameplatesforindustry.com/

A company who makes, among other things, "stick on front panels on
the sort of rugged plastic that is used for membrane keyboards.",
which is exactly what the OP was looking for.
Reply to
John Fields

Hello Roger,

You might also want to have a chat with your local print shop. Sometimes it is amazing what they can pull out of the hat in terms of non-paper products. Reason I suggest that is that I once had labels made in Europe to tag equipment with an address. Later I wanted to remove them and it was a very tough job just to destroy the lettering (had to because the address wasn't valid anymore), let alone peel the whole label off.

Since you live in Italy you might have experienced it: Have you ever tried to remove that "I" country decal from a car? The good quality versions simply won't come off, some won't even scratch. Same for the TUEV inspection stickers in Germany. Both of that is printed on plastic.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I use laser printable polyester stickers for prototypes & small series. Rather expensive but *very* strong. See here:

look for "LASP

1".

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

"Deefoo" a écrit dans le message de news:4499037f$0$999$ snipped-for-privacy@news.orange.fr...

That's "LASP 1", (don't forget the blank). Euro 1.75 for an A4 sheet isn't that expensive, especially for prototyping. Pretty cheap in fact.

Looks interesting. Do you have some good pics of a front panel you've done?

A few questions: How about resistance to wearing, and light/UV... What is the thickness? Is it shiny or matt? How translucent is it? (having leds under the panel and diffuse light across it)

--
Thanks,
Fred.