batteries

I would like to know if all batteries that can be recharged get recharged at the same speed

I am looking for a rechargeable battery that can get charge extreme fast

thank you for any answers

Kurt Stocklmeir

--
--- Posted from http://lu7abf.org.ar/news

kurt stocklmeir

No. It's not so much by chemistry -- there are both fast and slow charging NiCd cells, LiPo cells, etc.

How fast is "extremely"? Getting a full charge on a NiCd cell in 10 minutes is doable. I don't think there's many LiPo cells that can charge that fast, at least not without occasionally bursting into flame.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

** Only one I can suggest are Panasonic Rapid Charge types.

Back when I did some 1/10th scale car racing ( track and velodrome) Sanyo NiCd cells were the only ones that coped with 15 minute charging and 4 minute race times. The best were their SCR types.

Now, Panasonic make the same types.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No, they are very different.

Extreme is a relative term.

You can easily find batteries specced for 8C charge rate:

That means that you can theoretically charge them in 7.5 minutes. In reality, we're talking 12-15 minutes if you want them fully charged, since you cannot charge at 8C all the way to 100%.

Since you do not specify any capacity or voltage requirements, a cpacitor will handle extreme charge rates.

--
RoRo
Reply to