Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

P-Channel Complement to 2N7002
I remember this question coming up before, but can't remember if there was an answer... Is there a P-Channel Complement to the 2N7002 (N-channel)? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | |...
2
2

high voltage capacitor charger - how to
Hi. I want to charge my capacitor bank with 72V-20A DC source. The idea is to store 1KW in this capacitor bank and then to use this power to run some 450V electronics. DC source is constant so...
13
13

comparators in IC 555
I've looked on the internet but no joy...there are two comapators inside an IC 555. What are these two comparators? Are they 'standard'? What are they called? If you wanted a make an IC 555 what...
27
27

Low Tech Tips for Previous Wars
If you could go back in time, what would be the worst errors you could correct for various wars. These should be things that could be implemented pretty fast without first developing a whole new...
69
69

Trickle charge 12v batter with test load
I have a 12v "alarm" battery from The Shack that I bought about 3 years ago. It weighs about 5 pounds. I use it to operate a small telescope, and haven't used it for about 7 weeks. It was weak,...
7
7

Spice Model Problems?
I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very well, or has serious issues. I'll try my hand at modeling...
17
17

Which diode is faster ?
Hi, OR Thanks jess
1
1

OT: Best Source for memory?
I want to bump up the memory in my Lenovo ThinkPad X61s from 2GB to 4GB. Who are the most reliable sources from which to buy memory? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog...
11
11

opamp inputs
can anyone tell me how an opamp powered off of 9V, can be used to take meas= urements of really high voltages, like 100V? Like a DMM.... I realize the o= pamp is floating and isolated from whatever...
20
20

PCB light box - hf ballast / tube wattage
When buying an HF ballast and fluorescent tube does the ballast wattage have to match the tube wattage? Is it allowable to use an hf ballast of higher wattage that that of the tube e.g. hf ballast 40W...
11
11

Watt meter
Hi, I am consider to use one of the following watt meter. My question is which one can have more capability to handle large currents and voltages. Which one is better? I know they are old but I have...
17
17

RC Time Constant
How do you figure out the RC time constant of a battery in series with a resistor that is in series with the parallel combination of a capacitor and resistor? (Basically a low pass RC filter with a...
5
5

Teaching electronics
Will be teaching an "Intro to Engineering" class to a group of 18 gifted hi= gh school seniors this fall. Total of about 60 hours. While the main emph= asis will be on manufacturing and good...
15
15

OT: Reverse Osmosis
Replacing R/O unit under kitchen sink... Double sink, disposer, dishwasher drain, R/O filter, it's a nightmare of pipes and hoses. So my question is: Anyone remote-located the pressure tank portion? I...
11
11

Trigger -> RF -> Bluetooth
Hello! I am trying to build drum triggers using Piezo sensors. I would like to do it wirelessly, would it be possible to do the following: Connect the Piezo sensor to a RF transmister which would send...
3
3