Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A capacitor/resistor question
Greetings All, In the book "Electric Motors and Control Techniques" a circuit is illustrated that is for the dynamic braking of a squirrel cage motor. This circuit discharges a capacitor through the...
2
2

Bluetooth questions
I have this tiny MP3 player made by Sansa that I like a lot. Enough that I might buy a couple more to replace the one I have now when I break it. Which I will do inevitably. But it does not have...
2
2

Is this preamp appropriate?
Greetings All, My car has a minijack input for the Alpine stereo. When I plug in any MP3 player the volume level is quite low. The MP3 player must be at maximum volume and the car stereo must be at...
13
13

rc timer circuit help
Hi I have a GSM controller that can switch a relay for a minimum time of 1 sec, however I need a 300ms pulse. I am looking for a circuit that can take the 1 sec relay output (as an input) and give me...
15
15

Heathkit is back
Check out -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final Web @ ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Heathkit Frequently Asked Questions
1
1

Transistor as a current limiter
Hello. I need to wire some leds, and I figure that a transistor for each series is a good way to ensure that the leds get constant current, with the additional benefit that I can run PWM through the...
110
110

How do you make a LED to short itself?
;) -- @~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real! / v Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you! /( _ ) (Fedora 18 i686) Linux 3.9.6-200.fc18.i686 ^ ^ 21:15:01 up...
11
11

Making DC battery Power
I asked a question about batteries and DC power adapter a few weeks ago and now I have a small (I hope) dilemma. I am using the advice of a cordless battery pack and charger to power my wife's yarn...
19
19

Tying both inputs of an opamp to the output
Is there a possibility of something undesireable happening if *both* the inverting and non-inverting inputs of an opamp are tied to the output? A possible scenario is when one unit of a dual or quad...
6
6

Thought experiment-will this work?
I think I pretty much understand how induction motors work. A typical single phase motor has a start winding that is approximately in quadrature electrically to the run winding. This provides the...
4
4

Cruise control mod?
So I have this aftermarket cruise control in my car that uses the speed signal from the car to set the speed. It does not use magnets on the driveshaft. The cruise control only starts working above 35...
9
9

which flux pen for solar cells
Hi! Are most flux pens good for soldering tab wire to solar cells or what should I look for? Thanks, Bernhard
1
1

Amplifier for frequency generator
Hi. Im making one simple mcu based device that will work as electronic repellent. Nothing special. Only difference is that i want to check other frequency ranges and to do so, i have to connect my...
14
14

DC 17V from PC power supply?
1. If I shorted the +5V and +12V in the molex connector, would I get +17V? What's the max. current? 2. Could I use 17V to charge a notebook battery rated 16V and 3.8A? Would it hurt the battery? --...
22
22

Security System
I am looking for an inexpensive home security system that I can install. All I need is: several wireless battery operator PIR sensors. Say three for now. base unit that will sound an alarm base unit...
3
3