Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Telephone Advisory
Telephone Advisory... When I am out of the office my calls automatically roll to my cellphone. If I am in a meeting and have my cellphone "quieted", call divert into the cellphone's voice-mail, which...
1
1

Buy or build - mating old sensor to new display
Thought this might be an interesting first project, but my knowledge is ver y basic. A 12v old (1988) boat speed indicator with its paddle wheel sensor. I have a new display which can read the old...
8
8

anyone have experience with "drop in" li-ion rep's for lead-acid? (fwd)
There are some vendors of li-ion rechargeable batteries that claim "drop in" replacement for lead-acid storage, without needing to update the chargers. I have my doubnts, but I've run across stranger...
1
1

Selecting from 1% resistors
I want a 500k resistor 0.1%. It's a prototype so metal film through hole resistors. I got out the bin of 1 Meg 1% er's figuring I could find a pair. They were all high, 1.005 Meg was the lowest and...
2
2

CMOS logic
By combining P channel and N channel MOSFET transistor, whole new digital technology, CMOS technology is obtained. Read more:

Update: Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling
Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling has been updated. See VaristorMOV.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
30
30

Is there a better way to do this?
I've got some 4KW 240 volt lamp dimmers from China. What I want is a cheap electric range current regulator. (For safety I plan to replace the potentiometers with switched ones and add dual pole...
13
13

What is your opinion of this 9 volt 900maH li-ion battery?
Claims the nominal voltage is 8.4 and it's good for 1200 cycles. Made in China by Etinesan. Priced at $9.59 with free shipping. Sounds like a deal to me. --- news:// - complaints: ---
6
6

Battery choice: 9V vs 6 AAs
I'm fixing a kid's toy that was damaged by corrosion (stored with the batteries). The only damaged part was the battery compartment, so I opened it up, clipped off the internal wires to that bit,...
34
34

2N3904 maximum ratings Vceo Vcbo
Is it safe to operate a 2N3904 in a switching application with a supply voltage of 48 volts? The data sheet says Vceo is 40 and Vcbo is 60 volts. When the transistor switches off, the collector to...
17
17

Running an electric motor backwards is less efficient?
Thinking about cordless drills. Those flipping the switch to run the drill backwards instead of forwards reduce the efficiency? Would it make any difference if the motor were brushless? Thanks.
8
8

Fourier Transform and DFT - Discrete Fourier Transform
In engineering practice, analog signal that is transformed with Fourier Transform has to be periodic. If signal is not periodic, but limited to certain time interval, signal can be repeated, so...

OT Marion's art
I thought some of you might enjoy this. It's my sister-in-law's work and it's all fused glass except for the frame. John Fields
4
4

LED Flashlights
Why is that LED flashlights irregularly shut off. I give mine a slight bang to turn the light on.
6
6

ot
Obama has precisely didley squat to do with foreign or domestic policy.
4
4