Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question on AMPS
Hi all, I have a simple question I am sure for you guys, but I am merely an idiot when it comes to these things and most other things too. :) Anyway, I am looking for a momentary key switch (just a...
14
14

Need help calculating resistor needs in an electromagnet circuit
I am trying to put together a project for high school. The idea is to build a working model of a shock absorber using MR (magnetorheological) fluid. The initial set up: I got a demo kit from LORD...
4
4

Problem with power management circuit in Dell 2407 WFP Monitor
I have a Dell 2407 WFP Monitor. Lately it has been acting funny. Most of the time when turn on the PC the monitor comes out of stand-by and I get the Dell logo, then I see the Windows boot logo for a...
2
2

WHAT IS A TUNED AMPLIFIER?
I NEED A HELP ON A TUNED AMPLIFIER JUST ALITTLE LECTURE NOTES ON TUNED AMPLIFIER WITH BJT AND FET ALSO AND THIER GAIN AND EVERY THING ABOUT THEM
5
5

Long-lasting lcd display
A display unit I made about 9 months ago using an lcd alphanumeric display has gradually deteriorated to the point where all contrast has one, and it is unreadable. Can anyone advise me what specs or...
1
1

posting test
Just a post test
1
1

Stamp tachometer problems
--There's a site up with an excellent description of how to build a tach with a Basic Stamp, at: I built this circuit the other day, then had an expert pal make sure I hadn't done anything wrong (left...
5
5

Winding Toroids Phasing
I'm constructing a multiple output flyback transformer using a Toroid. My input voltage is 12V to 20V output is 5, 12 and -12, Po = 7W. My question is about the phasing. See picture Referring to step...
5
5

Biasing bipolar transistors
applied algebra. V_be = constant I_e = -Ib * H_fe
15
15

Programmable clock divide-by-N
For some reason I'm having troubles finding a programmable clock divider chip. I have a 20MHz reference clock that I need divided by 23. I would like the option of changing this divide ratio if...
7
7

Does an USB stick gain weight when you put files on it?
Does an USB stick gain weight when you put files on it? or to put it a different way: Are electrons from outside used to store data on an USB stick? Since I'm quite new to electronics I cannot give a...
9
9

Power supply unit and ramping
Hello all! First off, I would like to apologize if I'm in the wrong group. This is my first time doing anything with electronics (and I'm not even sure if it qualifies as electronics). I learned that...
3
3

Check frequency
Hi all I have a requirement to exactly adjust the frequency of a microcontroller system (8051) that works with the 32768 Hz watch crystal. I am not an electronics engineer but a hobby type. I will...
34
34

What's the output voltage of full wave rect?
A full-wave rectified 32vac voltage without filtering or smoothing components. Just a bridge rectifier connected across a transformer 32v secondary (no center taps) without a load connected to the...
7
7

Thevenin's Theorem
Thevenin's Theorem states that it is possible to simplify any linear circuit, no matter how complex, to an equivalent circuit with just a single voltage source and series resistance connected to a...