Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Microwave Detector Mount
Hello all, I am looking for a waveguide RF-Detector Mount, X-Band (8.2-12.4 GHz), UG39/U. Does anyone know where to find it North America? Thank you

FFTs On Excel
Has anyone heard about Fourier transforms on Excel? Google didn't have any quick obvious hits. Excel would be a cheap easy way demonstrate FFTs in the classroom. The first column would be phase angle...
26
26

HD44780 orcad library
Hi, Anybody has the orcad library for LCD screens. I have the HD44780 and would like to add it to my schematic. It is not for simulation puposes but for schematics creation only. Thank you. K

Use circuit for blinking LED for use with 4 LEDS
I have a flashlight that I would like to change what it does. I want the blinking LED circuit(one bulb) to be used to run the 4 LEDS that are used for the "flashlight". In other words, I would like...
17
17

The Most Suitable Waveform for Cancellation
Some folks like to cancel noise but using a microphone on a headphone not only is less than 70% efficient, it cancels a lot of stuff you sometimes need to hear. It would be much better if _ you_ were...
2
2

[Q] How to calculate influence of metal object on dc biased coil?
I have a 100 mm ferrite rod on which I want to wind a coil using 0.3 mm diameter copper wire. The goal is to detect a car passing by at three meters. I plan to bias the coil with DC. How do I...
10
10

The Implausible Story of Edison's Lightbulb Rectification Error
One account claims Edison opposed AC thinking that AC wouldn't work or wouldn't work as well as DC in his incandescent bulb. At low enough frequencies, maybe < 10 Hz, radiation heat transfer is fast...
20
20

Add a power connector to a 9800GT ECO?
I have a ZOTAC 9800GT ECO that does not include an auxiliary power connector. Anybody know what including auxiliary power would require? Just soldering a connector to the card, or (more easily)...
2
2

Alternative power source for bicycle headlight and rear light
I have two bike lights that run off with 4 AA batteries each. I would like to make a single power source to run to them instead of frequently changing out batteries. Both lights use LEDs. I would...
22
22

160 volt 3-8 amp power supply?
I'm pondering a power supply for some surplus servo motors a friend picked up. Based on testing and investigating, I'm pretty sure the motors run on 160 volts and spec at 2.5 amps continuous stall,...
25
25

Question for electronics engineers
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for something I don't know the name of it and I'm hoping someone here can tell me what it's called. Basically, I need something that will emit a frequency, allowing that...
5
5

Rotary switch?
The old Radio Shack catalog had two rotary switches. One was a 12-pole, 1-position, shorting. The other was a 2-pole, 6 position, non-shorting. The second one is the only one left now: I don't...
12
12

transistor NOT gate
I am trying to build a NOT gate similar to this one: and was wondering how the resistor values of 1k and 10k were determined.
13
13

Initiating capacitor discharge with a spark
Hello, I have a question about air ionization. The problem is as follows: a large capacitor is to be discharged "by a spark" to melt a "dot" on metal. The spark has to go through the air, about one...
18
18

Old PIC stuff
While rummaging in the oldies bin, trying to find the ROM emulators for TXMarsh, I found those: No software, no power supply. Is anyone interested? Clearly for free, and the postage, if you hurry up,...
6
6