Who else besides Toko does coils with tuning slugs?

Digi-Key carries a large selection of TOKO coils.

Toroids will give you better coils, but they're more expensive in production.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hi,

Who else beside Toko manufactures coils with tuning slugs? I'm looking to design an LC filter and need a coil with a few windings. Toko data is very thin (non existent) and I'm currently waiting..... So if there is another manufacturer with good data, good supplies, etc. they could get my business :-).

--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK ( snipped-for-privacy@fullcircuit.com, snipped-for-privacy@fullcircuit.co.uk or snipped-for-privacy@iee.org). Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

or

NEW -

- The Consultant A-List

Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

Coilcraft has slug tuned coils. Reasonable data, good sampling and quick delivery on purchases. The 164 series is a 5mm vertical coil and the 148 series is a horz. coil. They make others.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Try cwsbytemark.com

Reply to
Yzordderrex

I read in sci.electronics.design that Malcolm Reeves wrote (in ) about 'Who else besides Toko does coils with tuning slugs?', on Tue, 4 Jan 2005:

Toko used to provide a lot of data, but it's difficult to find in English. I had Japanese help about 10 years ago. If you care to email me with what you want, I'll see if I can help. No guarantee.

John Woodgate

http://217.34.228.137/MAIN/main.htm is an online TOKO catalog - near identical to the printed catalogue I have. Finding a source in reasonable quantities is another problem entirely.

However, you may find that toroids are a better bet for multi winding inductors - see the ARRL handbook for details

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Dave Garnett

May I ask why you want the tune the coil?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I think he is looking for something that can be tuned.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Then you use a variable capacitor, or maybe more specificall a trimmer capacitor.

I haven't priced new coil variable coil forms lately, but I suspect they may be getting expensive. Toroids are still relatively cheap, and the cost of trimcaps likely will be cheaper than buying new variable coil forms.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Power

see:

Try

Graham Holloway WPS Electronics

Reply to
Graham Holloway

My idea exactly. Even better: if you replace the trimcap with a varicap diode, you can make a digitally tuned filter. Very handy for automated post production calibration.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I read in sci.electronics.design that Malcolm Reeves wrote (in ) about 'Who else besides Toko does coils with tuning slugs?', on Tue, 4 Jan 2005:

I offered to help you if you emailed me. I didn't expect to get my response to your email rejected by your mail bot. It would have been courteous for you to explain the procedure in your email to me.

Since I can't help you, in fact, there is no point in prolonging the agony.

John Woodgate

John,

I have emailed the address on your website that I found from your last post - is that not correct?

Also, I don't understand why you email was rejected with no message. You should have had one from "Marvin" saying to email another address but to edit the address first (spambots seem to read emails these days for addresses). My apologies if that didn't happen.

I've set your domain name as allowed so if that is your email address your mail should get through. Meanwhile I'll test Marvin and see what is happening.

--

 (mreeves@fullcircuit.com, mreeves@fullcircuit.co.uk or mreeves@iee.org).
 Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
 electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

 http://www.fullcircuit.com      or    http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - www.CharteredConsultant.co.uk - The Consultant A-List
Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

I read in sci.electronics.design that Malcolm Reeves wrote (in ) about 'Who else besides Toko does coils with tuning slugs?', on Thu, 6 Jan 2005:

It is correct.

I didn't say it was 'with no message'. The message required me to do extra stuff to get a message to you. My point is that you should have told me about that in advance, instead of it coming as an unpleasant surprise.

Many people who run a whitelist put that information in their .sig.

Since, as I said, I can't help you with the product you plan to use, there is no email to send.

John Woodgate

My apologies I hadn't thought it was that much work to need warning about.

On my email client there is the option to resend message - then all you have to do is paste in the new email address, before you click the send it button. So on my email client it takes a few seconds. And of course as it is a whitelist that is only the first time you email.

All of this would not be necessary if only that would bring back hanging just for spammers :-).

--

Malcolm

 Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
 (mreeves@fullcircuit.com, mreeves@fullcircuit.co.uk or mreeves@iee.org).
 Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
 electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

 http://www.fullcircuit.com      or    http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - www.CharteredConsultant.co.uk - The Consultant A-List
Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

I read in sci.electronics.design that Malcolm Reeves wrote (in ) about 'Who else besides Toko does coils with tuning slugs?', on Thu, 6 Jan 2005:

It didn't seem as simple as that. Maybe I misread it.

John Woodgate