UL for membrane keypads

Comments welcomed!! :)

I need to get a membrane keypad overlay for a product that's going to get U L listing.

I'll need (1) pushbutton, and 9 LED's total. This will go on the lid of a NEMA-4 enclosure with a hinged door. I'd like to put it ON the door inside, so any comments about how to best mo unt that are greatly appreciated.

I'm not keen on tape. The box depth is 4 inches, and maybe 3 inches from l id to interior PCB. Can I put the LED's on a daughter board and just have them shine through the membrane overlay once the door is closed (as oppose d to trying to mount a daughter board to the door). I want to stay away fr om the labor of wiring discrete LED's to the door.

Again, thanks for the assist here! Want to avoid re-inventing the wheel. :)

Reply to
mpm

UL listing.

mount that are greatly appreciated.

lid to interior PCB. Can I put the LED's on a daughter board and just ha ve them shine through the membrane overlay once the door is closed (as oppo sed to trying to mount a daughter board to the door). I want to stay away from the labor of wiring discrete LED's to the door.

A membrane keyboard for just one switch? Why not use a tact switch and a gr aphic overlay?

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff