OT: un-scam

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:18:18 -0700 [06/24/2014 08:18:18 AM PDT] From: snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com To: Raymond Paul Subject: Re: Ref To Your Fund:Robert Baer, Western Union Agent

  • Please see comments like this below.

Quoting Raymond Paul :

Western Union Money Transfer The Federal Republic of Benin Add: 14/15a Awolowo Lane, Ikoyi, Cotonou, Benin.

Ref To Your Fund:Robert Baer

I wish to inform you that we have successfully received your email,Moreover In respect of fact the sum of $2.7 Million United State Dollars was instructed by Barrister William Consular the National Assembly Benin Republic to transfer in your favor and note that the payment was scheduled to be transferring $5,000 to you every day and the first payment have already posted in our System.

And below is your first payment of your $5,000 but it's on hold ,because your payment file has expired and it will get renewed from federal high court of Benin before you will pickup your payment immediately,and I spoke with the federal high court director about the issue but he told me that it will cost you $155 in order to renew your payment file for your behalf to enable you pick all your daily payments without any plight/delay.

  • I personally have had this happen to me once, with some Western Union money I had sent to a friend in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.

*It took two weeks to straighten out the mess, before the funds were released and my friend could get the money.

  • However, because i took the time and effort to find the exact office that had the funds (and it was a totally DIFFERENT office that was originally gong to release the funds), i as able to partly expedite the release.

  • The second part was not so easy - finding out who was REALLY in charge / responsible.

  • However, after these barriers were surmounted, the money was made available at any Western Union office in Ethiopia.

  • There were no renewal charges, mainly because i had bypassed those two barriers.

  • Therefore, if you would be so kind as to discover and bypass the barriers to this transaction, i would be grateful and would send meaningful compensation after these funds start flowing.
  • Sincerely, Robert Baer.

Sender's First Name:Tom Sender?s Last Name: Uka MTCN: 9376940020 Amount $5,000 Test Question:Who Is King? Answer: God Receiver Name:Robert Baer Country: U S A

Please I will advice you to prohibit any delay that may cause inconveniences in this transfer and once your payment file is renewed just go and pickup your payment without any plight/delay.

Here is the information you will use to send the $155 via western union for the renewing of your payment file.

Receivers Name:::::Luke Obi Country:::::: Benin Republic Text Question:::::: When Text Answer:::: Today Amount:::::: $155.00 usd Senders' Name? MTCN

And on a very Important note, Be rest assured that you will confirm your first payment of $5,000.00 within 1hr-45m of receiving the $155.00 And for your information, No body has right to deduct or Added to the value of the funds due to it is pounded with Insurance policy. The instruction is from the Federal ministry of Finance Benin Republic,Once again i apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered at this length.You are to get back to me immediately you receive my email.with the payment details

I wait to hear from you in due course.

Remain Blessed. Sincerely Yours Mr Raymond Paul The Agent Transfer

+22968824070 24.06.2014, 00:32, " snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com" :

I am supposed to ask you for the MTCN sender name and test Question/Answer to pick up my first compensating payment of $5000.00 daily.

Looking forward to a response, Robert Baer.

PS: Where are you,so that i can better do this?

Reply to
Robert Baer

LOL.

I received a paper version of this attempted scam the other day.

Sent on letterhead of a genuine South African bank, with a South African stamp, rather than the usual Nigeria or Benin origin. Signed in the name of the actual branch manager in a real town, a hearty-looking white woman who has a Facebook and a Linkedin page.

My half the $9.95 million is probably coming any day now..

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

WOW! Beats them all. Well worth framing.

** Note what i said about my money transfer experience as a counter against their request for money. What i said is 100 percent true. WU funds overseas can, indeed, go into limbo - making it a hair-puller to straighten out. In fact,it seems that i have to goose another transfer - maybe change receiver name. PS: both the one mentioned in that response, and the present one is 100 percent legit for worthy causes.
Reply to
Robert Baer

What happens to the vast amount of wire transferred money that goes missing?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The longer one waits to re-activate a transfer, the harder it is to find the documentation, and re-activate.

If one does not actively pursue a "dead" transfer within the timeout period, the paperwork goes into hyperspace.

Net result: Profit to W.U. i think.

Reply to
Robert Baer