OT, for any Feynman fans

This is a nice blog piece.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

(tangentially related)

Leonard Susskinds messenger lectures were good I thought.

About fundamental conflicts in physics, very interesting.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I tried to watch some of his lectures I found his "style" distracting and even kinda annoying. The joke is that those that can't "do" teach but a lot of the time the big-name "do-ers" are not particularly good teachers, Leonard Susskind being one exception I can think of offhand.

Reply to
bitrex

Thanks I'll give it a look, I like Susskind, he's got tons of interesting physics videos.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

His three volume "lectures on physics" are gems.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yes I have been watching them recently too. The messenger lectures are aimed at a more popular level but worth a look / listen.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

John, (personal question) Do you have some formal physics background or are you just an interested layman? I was watching some of these rather bizarre entanglement videos... entangled particles are somehow related to black holes linked by wormholes... and I just scratch my head.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I did it at Uni ("physics with astrophysics") but that was a long time ago :) I like to think it is a helpful "background" but not a lot more, I don't do much physics day to day except at a basic level, as it might relate to electronics or other "engineering" issues.

Well, me too, can't help you much there :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to