New UL rules

Phil, that would be impossible. I think it was long before then. I forget what it was about.

Thanks for the very nice words.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Phil is almost always polite, but he does have an annoying habit of being right.

I did catch him once on an issue of filter phase shift, which was a miraculous personal victory. He'd probably had too much gin and tonic.

lunatic fringe electronics

I remember that. It was hardly a dustup. I prefer the FPD for the low ripple and unity lock ratio. But when Gerhard, my idol for low noise stuff, said he preferred the XOR, I simply gave up on the entire discussion. Lost cause. Not worth pursuing.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

I've had hundreds of joules, front to back through my chest, on a number of occasions.

Reply to
krw

My previous employer used ETL for almost everything. They were really good people to deal with and quite helpful. They wouldn't only do EMI testing but would help squash problems. They also had a 10m chamber, which was a lot more repeatable than the 3m chamber we'd been using. We only used UL for one product, because our partner/customer demanded it. They were quite sticky but it wasn't a huge deal to pass their tests. Costly but not particularly difficult. We did design the equipment to pass UL, rather than trying to retrofit compatibly.

Reply to
krw

Nah, it was a fair cop, Guv. I was hoist by my own petard--I've warned folks not to confuse group delay with true delay, and then I went and did it myself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

"Don't taze me, Bro"?

Or something more mundane? Details....

Reply to
mpm

I'm guessing defibrillator

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Cardioversion. Similar idea but planned, rather than an emergency (A-Fib, rather than V-Fib).

...except once they forgot to check to make sure I was unconscious. Even 100J hurts!

Reply to
krw

Better than this:

Warning: two died in this video, from electric shock.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

re

nd

,

There is no shortage of bloviating in this group, and often some folks tout their work as making them superior to others in some way. But I think the hardest thing I have ever done is teaching. If your teaching has been as successful as you say, that is quite an accomplishment. I'm impressed.

I think it is hard to do as much harm to a person or the population at larg e as can be done by a poor teacher. It is hard to do as much good as A goo d teacher can.

This group is full of odd characters who seem to have a variety of personal ity disorders. I find some amusing, others annoying and the rest are only suitable to be ignored.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

So much bullshit.