Need help picking Ferrite material

Re: the dc saturation controlled variable inductor Low power inductor, receive antenna signals.

I've decided to try an EFD shape core, reasoning for the choice; I can turn one side 180*, the center leg over lap area is reduced to 14%. My theory is, that reduce area will saturate at lower flux.

Is that reasonable?

I don't have a lot of material choices. TDK material Available materials, N87 and N97 Material data here

Fair-rite Available material, 78 Material data here

Which of those materials will work from 500kHz to 4MHz as a 100uh inductor?

If you would like to educate me, Does the permeability curve relate to how well a material will perform as an inductor over frequency?

Or, ask another way, For a given material Does AsubL fall off as frequency increases like it's permeability curve?

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx
[snip]

Not sure if this helps, but we've had good results using Magnetics Inc. cores in our devices.

HTH

Reply to
Randy Day

I see Material P and R in the EFD core. But I can't any data sheets on P or R. Same with Laird (Steward). Mikek

Reply to
amdx