Mother Nature isn't prejudice

"It's not nice to fool (around with) Mother Nature" ;-)

The worst incident I ever had to contend with was a CATV head unit in an apartment house.

It's power transformer was the kind with a steel case, potted, with leads out a hole in the bottom.

When lightning hit it, the potting boiled, and blew out through the bottom hole, then solidified in the chassis.

I was just 16 at the time, working in my Dad's TV repair shop... so I was assigned the dirty duty :-(

...Jim Thompson

Early this morning I arrived at work only to find that mother nature decided to have a few of her little blue things touch down on our electrical lines.. (it was a severe storm), one bang boom after another with the associated lightning etc.

Any ways, she isn't selected as to who gets whacked.

I spent a better part of the remainder of my day after the power was restored removing and reinstalling a 300 HP drive which had shorted L2 and L3 and A1 All together, to only find that the damn motor also fell victim to Miss Mother Nature. I say Miss and not Misses because, I just can't think of any one stupid enough to say "I DO" to the like of her! But then again, I think many of us realize that mistake after it's to late :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

How much are you bett>"It's not nice to fool (around with) Mother Nature" ;-)

There's a blast from the past.

's.not.nice.to.fool.Mother.Nature+Chiffon+OR+margarine+-chloeveltman

Maybe (even back then) Mother Nature had a Naughty & Nice list (kinda like Santa) where she notes who's watching the carbon-neutral thing--and who's not. ;-)

Reply to
JeffM

16 ? was that when they used crank handles to start the cars? :)
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

[snip]

I laughed at that ad every time I saw it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Actually my first "new" car, a 1961 Renault Dauphine, came with a crank.

...Jim Thompson

Its payback for your arrogance.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is so Not James Dean I felt the need to mention it is so not James Dean.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

"Rebel Without a Cause", in my repertoire of DVD movies.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Excuse me? Did I have a squeak from some little insignificant ground mole? Or did they let you out of the zoo a little early today?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie