Low voltage parallel EEPROM?

I am a newbee in this field.

I have designed a chip which is based on CMOS 0.25um/2.5V process. This chip will be interfaced with a parallel EEPROM digitally. But this has a problem, I think. Parallel EEPROMs, as far as I have searched so far, logic voltages of which are usually above 2.7V. But the voltage level of my chip is 0~2.5V digitally. This doesn't matter seriously? (those EEPROM's input low logic voltage : 0~0.6V and input high logic voltage : 2.0~2.7V) Or, Any other solution with a parallel EEPROM ? (not with serial EEPROM or other connection style..-_-;;).

I'm ready to thank you for your attention..^_^;;

ps) This is a datasheet parallel EEPROM (AT28BV64)

LOGICAL

Use > 3.3V compatible I/Os, and pull them up to whatever Vcc you use on the PROM.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My chip is to be taped out with a 0.25V process. And the voltage level of its digital output is in 0~2.5V. This (0.25V process) cannot be changed now. I cannot understand your opinion. Please explain more detail.

Reply to
LOGICAL

LOGICAL skrev:

Why did you you design a chip without checking if you could get an eeprom that would interface to it?

Without knowing the of the specification of the IOs on your chip how can anyone help you?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

You might find that the real voltage limit for the process is actually a bit higher than the nominal voltage limit. Ask the fab (or your documentation) what would happen if you run the logic at 2.7V instead. E.g. some "3V" processes are really ok at 3.3V and there may well be characterisation data to prove it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones