joystick button to electric switch

Hi, I'm trying to modify a joystick electronic board to use it for another project. The joystick buttons are the kind with graphite (I think is graphite), something like this:

and I want to replace them with electric switches of this kind:
How should I do that? Just connect the switch to the board?

Thanks,

-ioan

Reply to
ioanghip

That's what I have done. The new switch is wired so that it connects the two "E" sections on the PCB when you operate the switch.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I would look at using something like a "tact swtich". I tossed it to a search engine and found these on the first page:

.
Reply to
JosephKK