Gear Motor Source?

I'm looking for a 12vdc gear motor with little luck. Here is what I need:

12 vdc 300-400 rpm 10+ in-lb torque ~1/2 in shaft dia

I have a car window motor, but it only runs at 160 rpm and that is too slow. This is a hobby project so I am price sensitive. Any suggestions?

Reply to
CCE

Herbach and Rademan have a big selection and may have what you want.

All Electronics also have a good selection, but H & R carries a better selection of bigger motors.

Do a web search for "surplus" and "motor" -- you should get lots of hits.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

A good source for motors is

but a quick search did not come up with the specs you seek. There are plenty of 115 VAC gearmotors for cheap, and you could use a small inverter to get the power from 12 VDC. Otherwise, you might be able to use a stepper motor with a drive circuit, or possibly mix and match gearheads and motors to get what you want.

Another possibility is a small starter motor from an old lawn tractor. My

1965 Simplicity has a 12 VDC starter that is also used as a generator. Your local junkyard may be a goldmine.

Another online source is

They have a 400 RPM gearmotor but it is 24 VDC:

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

cordless drill?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Sell: China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing , manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in sm art kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-tran smission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunic ation and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different s izes. In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partne rs around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox