Subject Author Posted Replies

Help. My Fourier Transform prog gives crazy results.
I'm learning the fourier transform but I'm confused by a problem. As an exercise, I've created a Python program to model the effect of a low pass RC filter on a digital waveform. The prog creates a...
34
34

Missing resistor value
I wanted to thank you guys for helping. I really do appreciate it!!! Maybe when i get out of school and have more knowledge then I do now, I can return the favor!! LOL
2
2

New Spice Model Posted
Just posted to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website... ApexMP118FD.zip Apex Microtechnology's ( low quiescent, high power dissipation operational amplifier that integrates several new...

shunt current source ramp
This was suggested by part of Jim's "VoltageIndicator_NoHang.pdf" circuit. Cute, possibly even useful somewhere. Version 4 SHEET 1 880 680 WIRE 96 -192 -176 -192 WIRE 96 -112 96 -192 WIRE -176 -96...
3
3

high voltage inductors
I asked Coilcraft if they had any high-voltage inductors and they said that they don't rate their inductors for voltage breakdown. I was hoping to string together a few surface-mount parts. Web...
28
28

Missing Resistor Value!
Hello everyone. I am an electronics student, and I am having trouble with o ne the problems in my text. The problem is a simple circuit with a 6V suppl y voltage, and two resistors in series. One...
19
19

Glass fuse with pigtails?
Hi, I've got a couple of pieces of rescued kit that need new fuses. These are PCB mounted but not in typical "holders". Rather, they just have pigtails attached directly to the fuse and soldered into...
18
18

Lead acid battery desulfination?
Been trying to 'desulfinate' a 13Ah lead acid battery now for a few weeks. The method I used is to run 200 mA at 16V into a 12V battery. The battery had only 1/10 of capacity, now it has 1/8. Takes...
57
57

Notice to Robert Baer
It is very easy to filter out spam. However it is not easy to filter out your feeding the trolls and thus giving them a podium. Please stop. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
14
14

Anyone here use a pressure cooker to cook Rice?
I'm married to an Asian and familiar with at least 7 families that cook rice almost daily, not one of them uses a pressure cooker to cook rice. Are Mohammad Alotaibi, 20, and Ayoub Alawadhi, 21 just...
19
19

OT: Bluetooth Question
My laptop has no built-in Bluetooth capability. I've been pondering... could I add a Bluetooth dongle and then use the laptop as a speakerphone (linked to my cellphone)? ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
8
8

Motor controller
Hi ! I was planning on creating one motor controller for my crystalyte motor. Its three phase 1,5kw blcd motor. Can someone share ideas on pwm design and or basic schematics ?
7
7

AD7793 error?
Dear All, I'm currently evaluating the AD7793 Sigma-Delta converter. I'm using an A duino Due (SAM3X8E) connected to the ADC through SPI with CS permanently ti ed low. I use the Arduino's SPI library...
25
25

Re: The Design Process Of Electronic Circuits
Oh. I must be doing it wrong. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
3
3

Re: Feel Wonderful Life With Kitchen appliances
I hate digital kitchen appliances. They are annoying and unreliable. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
1
1