From AC Adapter to Power Supply

As I'm currently building a 12v, 2.1A power supply for an lcd monitor, a question has arisen.

What component(s) would be necessary in converting a class 2 AC adapter (of the correct voltage and amperage) to a functional power supply for an lcd monitor?

Reply to
jaunty.akhenaten

Components ? Isn't that putting the cart before the horse ? I'd start by visiting sci.electronics.basics, and come back when I have a circuit.

--
André Majorel
"Buy in bulk, that\'s my advice." -- Lemmy