Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ALPS switches
I think I screwed up. I am building a test fixture and need to have some user controls on the board. I added a few push buttons as controls and LEDs for feedback. While I was browsing Mouser looking...

LTspice Behavioral Expression Question
Can LTspice handle TANH in a behavioral expression? I'm sending a client a netlist and want to make sure it'll run on LTspice. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens | | Analog...
3
3

PROTEL 99 SE AREA ROUTING QUESTION
Hello ! I am a new member and please forgive my inexperience. I would like to autoroute just a selected area in my PCB, but I don't get the result I expect. When I select the area, the program...

PCB manufacture
I had some PCBs made with 22 boards per panel (small boards). I wanted a single panel for prototypes, but it turned out I could get 6 panels for only $500 more. This would get me through the first...
17
17

New version of Eagle
CADsoft has a beta version of Eagle 5.0 on their web site. I downloaded it and it still has their weird user interface. I think I'll stick with Pulsonix. Leon
4
4

Gerber viewer/handler
Any recommendations for a Gerber viewer and/or handler greatly appreciated. The more the merrier (don't ask why) but I really need a good long list. Thanks
20
20

Group's favourite SPICE software
Hello group, I'm looking for SPICE software recommendations, both freeware and for purchase. Whose programs do you use, and why? Thanks, Francis.
23
23

Drawing questions
I see these frequently on PCB figures (REF BSC TYP). Could someone kindly explain what these mean? REF = reference (to what)? I pretty sure that BSC is basic spacing between centers? TYP = ? Also, in...
2
2

LTSpice rounding error?
Also posted to LTSpice Yahoo Group: This oscillator is "inter-modulated" by SINE voltage V2, even though the latter is not connected! Is this due to rounding errors in the solver? Is there any way to...
1
1

Error in Spice simulation
I have a strange trouble with a NetList Spice The trouble is relative to vdd. vdd 2000 0 dc 5 returns: Node '2000' has only one component connected Node 2000 is an input node for the subcircuit MAIN...

gEDA Binary Suite released and Google Summer of Code 2008
Hi, I have released the second official version of the gEDA Binary Suite for x86 GNU/Linux. This binary suite has the following features: * Should work on any GNU/Linux distribution released after...
5
5

Simulated RF amplifier stability, but with a filter?
Hi All, This has been really bugging me: When I design and simulate an RF amplifier (LNA) for a class project, it shows points of huge instability (below the desired passband 'K' is *way* under 1 )....
2
2

LTspice - .step waveform viewing
Greetings: I have done a .step (with 4 parameter values) on a .tran simulation. When viewing a trace in LTspice (ver. 2.23r) with the expression for ex.: v(N001) all of the simulation steps are...
1
1

Trying to learn new methods for PCB Layouts.
I've been a tech for 30 or so years, and a hobbyist even longer. I've drawn PCBs using sharpies and the little transfer pads Radio Shack used to sell, then moved on to transfers. Lately I've been...
12
12

Temperature Sweep in DXP?
Is there any way to get a plot of output vs temperature rather than a series of sweeps at different temperatures?