Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

http://www.bing.com /
supposedly Microsoft's attack on Google's search engine.

OK, so I tried searches on Dontronics:

web:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=dontronics&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all

images:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dontronics&FORM=BIFD
geez there are images I had forgotten about, as I hadn't seen them, or
used them for years.

videos:
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dontronics&FORM=BVFD
same again, didn't know I had them.
Hover over them, and they play. Click on them to play in larger screen
mode, at the original site.

What I ask, is how come they got the domain Bing?
Must have paid plenty for it, or reserved it years ago, as 4 character
domains are almost impossible to get now, even ones that don't make sense.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

The Wayback machine shows it had a couple of lives and was parked for a
while between Jul 2003 and Feb 2008. Here's one previous life:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070113223154/http://bing.com /

--
Chris Burrows
CFB Software

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

Perhaps: Microsoft Bob is not Google ==> Microsoft BING? Be afraid, be
very afraid ...   ;-)

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.
Maybe it installs in a directory named 'Bada'

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

.
.
.

A "Bing" in Scotland is a waste tip. Usually the material which comes
out of a coal mine.

http://www.snh.org.uk/publications/on-line/advisorynotes/50/50.htm

Seems like a very appropriate choice of name to me.

--
John B

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.

   'Bing' is a popular variety of cherry in the US, where Microsoft is
based.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=bing+cherry&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

Way off topic about Microsoft's Bing.
I grew up in Washington State, but now live in the Philippines.

Very few, if any, know the names of fruits grown in the Yakima or
Wenatchee valleys.

Can I be pleasantly suprised?

Regards, Ray.

Re: Way off topic about Microsoft's Bing.

   That's up to you, but ripe Bing Cherries with good Vanilla ice cream
on a hot day is one of life's real pleasures.

Re: Yet another search engine, however this time it is Microsoft's Bing.
spamj snipped-for-privacy@blockerzetnet.co.uk says...

Bing Lee is true to his word then.

Site Timeline