The New Ipod

And every news program has a segment on the
new Ipod.

So it plays videos big deal. There's half a dozen
other media players out there on the market that
do exactly the same thing, and with bigger screens
so why does Apple get mass coverage?

Re: The New Ipod

because they rawk. Apple rawk, it is the shit.

Re: The New Ipod

Because they have had the marketing nous to make their product a cultural
icon with a profile far in excess of competitive products.

--
damnfine

Re: The New Ipod

*Alleged* "cultural icon". I don't even know what an iPod does. It's
just some "digital" crap that young people force their parents to waste
money on. Fools and their money are easily parted.

Re: The New Ipod

I doubt confessing to being a total moron will do much to prove your point.

--
damnfine

Re: The New Ipod

I don't think claiming to be "The Group Moderator" of an unmoderated
group is actually conclusive proof that you're a total moron. More
likely you're just a wanker.

Re: The New Ipod

Oh, I'm not claiming to be The Group Moderator. I'm just demonstrating a
point.

--
damnfine

Re: The New Ipod

Oh, Soixante been talking to herselves again, has she?

Re: The New Ipod

Quite possibly, but that doesn't have much to do with me.

Incidentally, it's himselves.

--
damnfine

Re: The New Ipod

Incidentally, you're wrong about that.

Re: The New Ipod

Prove it.

--
damnfine

Re: The New Ipod

My posting history is proof enough.

Re: The New Ipod

Haw

Re: The New Ipod

Haw?

Re: The New Ipod

Well moron. If you don't even know what an ipod does (which shows how
outdated you are) then how can you make a judgement on what it does and
whether it represents value or not?

Re: The New Ipod

Teenager spotted. Against my better judgement, I'll answer you
anyway...

Yawn. What does it do? I thought it was just an MP3 player. They've
been around for years, what's so special about iPods?

I can see the advertised prices. I know what a couple of Flash RAM
thingies are worth. What more is relevant? I don't need to know what it
"does" to recognize a rip-off.

Re: The New Ipod

Well, when I was looking at the prices, the ipod was surprisingly
competitive against the other options available (possibly due to the
economies of scale apple can have).

Another indication that you are a moron is the statement "I know what a
couple of Flash RAM thingies are worth". Do you really think that is all
an ipod or other mp3 players contain? What about the LCD screen, power
supply, electronics for music, earphones, etc.? You think all of this
costs nothing to produce??

Re: The New Ipod

Your own ignorance does not make the statement untrue.

Jason.

Re: The New Ipod

But does it come with a lanyard?

Re: The New Ipod

Yeah and a t-shirt with "ROB THIS IDIOT" printed on the back. :-)

--
damnfine

Site Timeline