Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

G'day all,
I have an older Pye/Philips 56KS3508 which is in remarkable condition,
however when used with VCR (VHS) it suffers the proverbial Flagwaving
problem (Top of picture pulling to the left).
Having serviced the original Philips/Kriestler/Pye sets we used to
modify the horizontal time base circuit to rectify this problem. I do
realise that I could use the Scart connector, but only to output A/V,
however I would also like to record and playback.
I have a vauge memory that you tuned the VCR in using a particular
preset together with the TV/AV switch and as I don't have the Users
guide I am somewhat preplexed.
If anyone could assist me it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards gaz

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

It's ben a long time and I can't recall that model off the top of my head
but the usual trick was to tune VCR to channel 5.

Regards
James

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

finger to keyboard and composed:

IIRC, there was one Philips chassis that had a pushbutton on the front
panel for reception in fringe areas. This would cause flagwaving
issues if it was in the wrong position.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:07:03 +1000, Franc Zabkar

I remember being told by a service tech to tune the VCR to channel 0,
it did the trick.

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

From memory on old Philips you have to use last channel for VCR (11 or 15).

I read other suggestions, so I guess, the best shot is to try all channels
(there are not too many of them).

Rudolf

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

I'm pretty sure it was 5 (or 5U) for the older sets, and the digital tuner
ones was 15

James

Re: Pye/Philips 56KS3508/D5T

****Wait...I'd better rephrase that before someone has a go at me.......
I'm pretty sure it was 5 (or 5U) for the older sets, and the digitally tuned
ones were ch 15

James