OT: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

Every year i'm sure its been KOFM thats run the competition .. nothing on
theyr website as yet tho, does anyone know if they are running it again this
year? And if so, when does it start/how does one apply?

Or if anyone is aware of any nation-wide/statewide ones? Even web-based
ones?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

Drove past grace lands today, they are starting to get their lights up.

This is their last year isn't it??

--
-
Re: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

**Dunno, but I notice Maple St, Lugarno is well under way. I popped over
there last week (daytime) to look at the construction. I noted a large
number of homes for sale in the street. Hardly surprising, since the whole
thing must be an incredible nightmare for local residents.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

Could just be the best time for them to sell while hundreds of people are
walking past unable to see how crap the house looks in the nude.

Michael

Re: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

Lugarno must be a new suburb in newcastle, I've never heard of it.

I popped over

Re: OT: Xmas Light Competition.. Newcastle Area

I think Channel 7 and one of the major newspapers runs something, can't
remember details though.

Quite a few houses around our area (Hills district in Sydney) aren't
doing it anymore because of kids knocking off stuff in the last few
years. They put signs up explaining why they aren't doing it any more.
Costs them thousands of dollars to set up these displays and naturally
they are pretty miffed.

Still some pretty good displays around our area though. Even a full
size anamatronic Santa climbing up the house, very impressive stuff.

Dave :)

Site Timeline