Opinions on TekTronix DMM's

Folks,

What is the Tektronix brand reputation like in DMM's?  I have inherited
one(DMM916), and it looks to be a nice unit.  i just wondered what their
reputation was like.  It seems to have more than every function I could
possibly want in a DMM.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Rod.......Out  Back

Re: Opinions on TekTronix DMM's

inherited
their
could

The Tektronix DMM line was recently bought out by Fluke.
As far as I know the (excellent) TX series are still manufactured by
Fluke for certain markets (not here though) under a different model
number I think.
I don't know the DMM916 off hand, but the Tek meters I'm seen were well
designed and well built. Shame they have now essentially been taken off
the market.
Fluke really don't have any competition any more.

I'd hang on to that Tek meter if I was you.

Dave :)

Site Timeline