Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- IR Remote codes that alternate?
- David L. Jones
July 23, 2006, 9:01 am
rate this thread
I'm looking at the data output from a Thomson RCT110S remote and the
code is not consistent for the same button press. Instead it seems to
alternate between codes for each press of that button. i.e, press "1"
and I get one code, press "1" again and I get a different code, press
"1" a third time and it goes back to the first code I got. Occasionally
it will give me something else entirely and then go back to
It does the same thing with both an IR receiver chip and a discrete
photo transistor, so it's not the receiver chip going wonky.
Another Thomson remote I have (RCT4130S) also does this.
But all my other remotes (Sony HT, no name DVD, aircon etc) all give a
single consistent code for the same button, as I'd expect.
Anyone know what on earth the Thomson remote is doing?
Re: IR Remote codes that alternate?
"David L. Jones" wrote:
I've seen some send the same code every time, some toggle back and forth
and some have a "repeat" bit position that indicates that the button is
being held down. Some controllers only transmit the code once with a
single button press, some send the same code three times. There are
more schemes than there are manufacturers.
- » Re: Water And Nan electronics Will Mix To Create Ultra-dense Memory Storage Devices.
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » L7805CV con o senza pasta termica ?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Hobby (Italian)