Re: High Voltage Destruction

4KV on PCB  (Esd Test)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2Mvu8Sanc

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

http://dev.emcelettronica.com

Re: High Voltage Destruction

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:32:51 +0100, Emanuele

  Trust me, that PCB would have fried chips long before that spark gap
voltage would ever get  reached.

  CMOS can get killed with as little as a few volts, and typically get
killed by less than 30V.

  Just raising your arms in the air in  a dry lab with no ESD smock on
can generate that much differential.

Re: High Voltage Destruction

I trust You,
but this only a test for verify the discharge of high energy before the
protection device
(against the destruction of transil and varistor)

In Telecom PCB, we use primary protection and secondary protection,
the PCB acute (tips) are only an additionally protection

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

http://dev.emcelettronica.com

Re: High Voltage Destruction

Lower voltage, but with petrol added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v31%rtnDe4Bxs

Re: High Voltage Destruction

That would probably work better sticking a carburettor on the end of the
hose.

Re: High Voltage Destruction

Is that what people do with broadband,
waste Internet bandwidth
mean while my 56K dial up is getting slower and slower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDzWvBQfi10

Dave :)

Site Timeline