Building an electric... bike!? (electric motors)

Rubbish - out by 2 orders of magnitude.

100WH/kg is about the state of the art: .
Reply to
Clifford Heath

No, I was commenting on YOUR statement:

"Inflation, value of money roughly halves each 10 years"

Reply to
two bob

Yes and my elaboration is that - based on the last 10 years of inflation rates it is confirmed with a bit of math, as for the previous years its worse, thats why petrol is cheaper now in real terms.

--
Regards
Mike

As I said the 'best' are approaching that of petrol, what you have found on public access is not the best, not everything that is in development or commercially demonstrable to a group of investors is going to be necessarily presented for public exposure...

--
Regards
Mike
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mike

It's noteworthy that you can't actually provide any *evidence* that someone's made a 100x breakthrough - though no doubt some have tried to extract money from sucker investors with such rabid claims.

BTW, I did change the units to WH/Kg, instead of WH/l; 100WH/Kg is

240WH/l in this technology. So you only need a 37x (!) breakthough. Get real, how likely is *that* though?

I'm afraid chemical storage is with us for the forseeable. The person who finds a way to make money using nuclear electricity or some other source to synthesize alcohols (or other cleanish liquid fuel) will be the next energy trillionaire.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Dont have to provide any evidence, if you dont accept my figure that variants of lithium ion approach the storage of petrol then thats your problem however, think about this:-

10 years ago NiMH acheived 100Watt Hours per Kg in pilot prod. and have been on the market for a few years now. You can buy 900mA AAA cells which weigh around 11gms, do the sums.

Lets look at another example, So a 37x improvement in clock rate over 12 years doesnt seem possible does it but, did it happen for some processors... ?

Or how about ram chip storage densities etc etc

10 years ago, Lithium Ion was just starting out in pilot prod also, I will leave it up to you to work out the energy density from then till now - so your 37x breakthrough is looking a bit more realisable when it drops to around 10x and that is approaching petrol - like I said :)

There are a whole range of material technologies far beyond the scope of this group and many are not and will not be published on the net for some time to come, especially if they are near pilot production stage along with concomittent commercial issues etc

Suggest you not be so narrow when it comes to chemical storage, you wouldnt exclude petrol or other liquid fuels that store chemical potential energy. 9000 Watt hours for petrol, there are others which are almost as safe and they are at 20,000 watt hours, suffice it to say they dont directly produce electricity but then you'd agree any storage technology faces downline conversions to other forms or at the least regulation issues and that means the reliance to focus solely on electrical misses the overal point of energy management, delivery and amortisation...

I dont have to prove a thing, you need to exercise patience in context with various other breakthroughs that routinely surround you for the last 10 to 15 years