Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ubunu on Pi4, raspi os on Pi4
tried it, booted OK, no gcc by default apt-get ggc gets me a gcc that generates compile errors for all code that has globals defined in header files, useless, removed it (all of 'buntoo'). Would it...
2
2

green LED flashes 4 times - rpi B 3+ but works USB-boot
Hi! I have for a long time run a rpi 3B+ by having /boot / on the SD card and all application specific stuff on a small (80 GB) USB-disk 2.5" spinning metal So the other day I bought a 120 GB SSD disk...
2
2

Battery Powered Project
I am working on a battery powered car and want the Pi to shut down automatically if the battery starts to go flat to try to prevent SD card corruption. I am a beginner to bash scripts! I will run this...
88
88

My darn NAS...
I had setup an Open Media Vault on a Raspberry Pi 3, which I know doesn't have gigabit ethernet... I use cheap USB Hard Drives, 2 x 4TB Seagates... I run a PLEX server and, although I'm sure I don't...
65
65

Fedora setup
Hi there ! I'd like to install Fedora server on one of my RPi 3B+. From my understanding, Fedora doesn't provide a pre-configured image like Raspbian does so that either a monitor or a serial console...
21
21

Turn off snap-to-grid on Desktop
Is there a way to turn this off completely? If so, I've not found it. I keep some icons and files/folders on the Desktop and I want them to stay put when I move them. Thanks.

RT Kernel
Does anyone know if it is reasonably easy to get an RT kernel running on the Pi? I'm using devuan beowulf to get a small footprint install *without* either systemd or pulseaudio. Actually, this is...
28
28

Will raspberry get ECC support?
Was reading this: with ever more RAM (now 8 GB) and raspberry used more and more for very serious things should that not be the next step? grin
134
134

Pi power
Having received a Pi 4B today with all the bits to make a system, I let it install and update the OS. A bit later I shut it down, and then turned off the Pi power supply. The Pi carried on being...
44
44

Pi 3 issue??
I'm working on an rpi-juicebox jukebox out of an antique record player console. Was testing a raspberry pi 3 on raspberry pi os running rpi-juicebox. Connected it directly to the monitors USB-out. Saw...
1
1

AI and decompilation?
Thinking back to my first job, nearly 50 years ago now, when I had to dis-assemble DEC's paper tape BASIC interpreter in order to enhance it, I guess that dis-assemblers and decompilers must now be...
156
156

Analog to digital converter
Hello, I am working on a simulation on matlab/simulink and I need to send the data of the result to rpi GPIO. The result of simulation is analog and I want i t to convert to digital before going to...

USB card adapters crash Pi4
Just tried using a couple of USB card adapters with my 8GB Pi4. Both cause immediate loss of USB hard disk access. Unplugging the offending adapter does not restore normal operation. Power cycling...
60
60

is it posibe to disable boo tEEPROm in PI4B
Just bought a PI4B 8 GB Unfortunately it does not run SDcard images from my older PI4, boot process hangs with something like 'use more modern software'. It runs OK with...
7
7

How to realize a 'serial server' (with com port emulation on pc Windows) ?
The Raspberry4 board has 6 native uart I'm not talking about serial ports via usb but uart on the gpio connector of the Raspberry board Having to control devices via uart (for example gps receivers,...
52
52