Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is a PI fast enough to drive HD TV via HDMI?...
...basically from either H264/AAC video stream or a webm Vorbis VP8 stream? Which is what my media center dishes out.
18
18

Why is systemd-resolved.service disabled on Pi?
So, to continue from my other question.... Why is disabled, at least it's disabled on my Pi systems (some very old ones and an early Pi 4) :- root@raspberrypi:~# systemctl status ● - Network Name...
17
17

Does a basic Pi installation use dnsmasq or systemd.resolvd?
To avoid having to do a clean install myself does anyone know if an "out of the box" installation of Raspberry Pi OS uses dnsmasq or for DNS?
6
6

Scripting u-boot commands
Is it possible to implement a script to be execuated by u-boot in place of the default behavior? What's needed is something like while true do usb reset if USB storage found run bootcmd_usb0 else...
7
7

Bootcode.bin documentation?
Is there any documentation available for setting up to boot a USB hard disk? When I tried a few days ago, boot went straight to network, not seeing the USB disk at all. It's an older Pi3B, with a...
1
1

Bootcode.bin USB storage discovery
I'm having difficulties getting a Pi3b+ to reliably detect a USB hard drive on boot. Getting into the shell on u-boot it's possible to repeatedly probe using usb reset and eventually the drive shows...
3
3

u-boot usb mass storage discovery problems
Is there a readable guide to configuring u-boot so it can find usb hard disks during boot of a raspberry pi 3b+ ? Below is a sample of a recent boot attempt, using a serial console. The hair-puller is...

Re: apt update
Am 15.11.21 um 09:42 schrieb Nick Mackechnie: Do you have the right to access that repository? I tried the mentioned link and got 'You do not have access to the page that you requested.'. For your...
2
2

Chromium crashes opening YouTube
Anybody noticing chromium crashing immediately when opening YouTube? It started about a day ago. Everything is up-to-date, apart from the trouble with YouTube things seem more-or-less normal. This is...
4
4

Boot sequence for USB mass storage
Supposing for a moment that I want to use the method of booting a Pi3 can somebody tell me how much of the software in the DOS partiton of the USB device is invoked? I've always thought that u-boot on...

Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
Is there any way to run the older "Buster OS - Lite" on the new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W? I have tried an SD image that has been working on the older zero W1 as well as burning a new SD image (Buster OS)...
2
2

libxcb1 install problem
Hello, I'm Hans-Werner an running multiple PIs. After upgrading two of them Raspbian from Buster to Bullseye one is good and the other is not so good. Good is RPi 1 B, Minimal Installation. Not so...
21
21

Mixing USB device speeds on Pi4
It would be handy to plug a USB2 device into one of the USB3 ports on a Pi4. The machine has a keyboard, mouse and FTDI TTL232R usb- serial adapter in addition to the USB3 boot hard disk. Will using...
1
1

Free 300-MHz boost for your RPi 4 with Bullseye
Depending on the SoC on your particular Raspberry Pi 4, the latest Raspbian might kick it up to 1.8 GHz: if the second line ends in "C0T," Bullseye will run on it at 1.8 GHz. Older-production RPi 4s...
2
2

MLTP - My Little Temp Project :-)
Hi, I have a Raspberry Pico which is without any job. So I decided to do a little project without much time. The pico should read its temp-sensor and communicate the temp while blinking the LED: First...
5
5