Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mor on win 10 raspeberry pi SMB
I seems that: 1/. Win10 requires at least SMBV3 or it wont connect UNLESS - you tell windows ten to use SMB v1 2/. Windows ten will not 'browse' a network AT ALL. Yiou have to know where you want to...
10
10

HW timestamping (PTP/IEEE1588) on raspberry pi 4?
Hello, can anyone tell me if the new RaspberryPi4 is capable of hardware timestamping according to IEEE1588/PTP? Regards
9
9

Is the Pimoroni website broken?
Here I see "RASPBERRY PI 4", "FEATHER", "MICRO:BIT", and so on, all clickable on. But when I click on them the result is garbled.
11
11

Can't access share with username & password
Hi all, I have a Pi in our Windows network. I created a share on my Pi. I installed samba. In /etc/samba/ there is: [pishare] comment = Pi Shared Folder path = /home/pi browseable = yes guest ok = yes...
178
178

Disk weirdness
I'm having some fun and games with a new SSD connected to a Pi via USB. This has happened two days running, I've tried re-partitioning and re-formating the disk, but to no avail. I've got the disc...
37
37

Pi 4 won't work with some power cables
Is this really so? "Raspberry Pi 4 won't work with some power cables due to its USB-C design flaw "Did Raspberry Pi Foundation fail to test Raspberry Pi 4 properly? Either way, one expert says new...
1
1

Wrong workgroup name
Hi all, I'm using the Raspberry Pi (3, stretch) as a pi hole in our LAN. It has a static IP address on eth0. Wifi is not used. It works well. The only thing I notice is when I scan our LAN. There are...
6
6

Laser-Faxmachine / All-in-one?
Hi there, for printing, making copies and sending / receiving faxes from time to time, I am using an "All-in-one" Fax / Scanner / Laserprinter, HP MFPM 127 fn. After installing HPLIP it worked fine...
25
25

Panic Averted (for now)
I have been running WeeWX on a Pi 3B with Raspbian Stretch since early 2018. I do an automated Duplicity backup once-a-week, and a separate backup of my WeeWX files just before I update my software...
7
7

3.5" TFT touch screen
Has anybody got experience/recommendations for using any of the 4" or 3.5" TFT touch screens on an RPI and operating it outdoors? I ask because I'm wondering about replacing the Medion S3747 PNA,...
2
2

Buster out of testing, update requires action
I installed Buster 2 weeks ago and wanted to check for updates the other day but got an error: E: Repository ' buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable' N: This must be...
21
21

Wheezy updates failing
Yes, I know wheezy is out of date, but.... sudo apt-get update fails with: Err wheezy/main armhf Packages 404 Not Found Err wheezy/contrib armhf Packages 404 Not Found Err wheezy/non-free armhf...
22
22

Wifi and thank you....
For the thoughts on why my wifi sucked. In the end I think what was key was the suggestion that attentuation was not the problam in a house with effectively metal walls internally but resonant...
4
4

Recommendation for a USB 3, SSD drive for a Raspberry Pi 4B?
Any recommendation for an SSD drive for a Raspberry Pi 4B? Must be USB-3, of course, but capacity not critical. Seems that 256 GB is likely the sweet spot for value per GB. Thanks!
82
82

Recommended USB-C SSD drive?
Any recommendation for an SSD drive for a Raspberry Pi 4B? Must be USB-C, of course, but capacity not critical. Seems that 256 GB is likely the sweet spot for value per GB. Thanks!
12
12