Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pi4 OK?
I've purchased each version of the RPi as it came out and at some time will get around to connecting one of them up. Is it the case that if I've an early Pi4 that it will have a number of unresolved...
7
7

How to check if the clock has been synchronised/set ?
Hello all, Is there a way to check if the Pi's date and time has been either synchronised with an NTP server or has been set otherwise (manually or programmatically) ? I'm asking as I would like to do...
19
19

file -i vs xdg-mime query filetype
Hello all, Just now I set a python script to be executable and added a "hashbang" line to indicate its target program (#!/usr/bin/env python3). As a result it lost the filetype icon I had previously...
28
28

delayed start
On pi3 or 4 with raspbian I get a very long delay displaying: ... on demand unless shift pressed I don't know if that is the actual delay point or whether it's something immediately after that doesn't...
1
1

Simple question - how to change the icon of a script.py file ?
Hello all, "Simple question". That is how they all start. :-) But seriously, how do I change the displayed icon of, in my current case, a file ? I've found some instructions to how to change them for...
8
8

Samsung Evo + slowdown
Some months ago I bought a Samsung Evo + microSD card as a boot device for an RPI3B (under FreeBSD-current). Initially it seemed as fast or faster than Sandisk Extreme cards used previously. Lately,...
8
8

Python - set current time ?
Hello all, Just today I connected a DS3231 Real Time Clock module to my Pi - to use when it cannot connect to the internet to get its current time from an NTP server.. I'm using python to retrieve the...
18
18

fstab is not mounting the NAS folders
In my /etc/fstab file In have: //192.168.0.22/mnt/CCTV/xeoma /mnt/CCTV/xeoma cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbclient,uid=pi 0 0 I had to reboot the pi earlier today, and now have found that the cctv...
11
11

SDCardKiller
Following a discussion on another thread about the life limits of an SDCard I thought I would write a program to write one to death and see just how long it lasts. I'll post the code below but the...
19
19

Permissions problem
On the Pi 4 with xeoma, the directories or folders have been created under /mnt , and I have a line in fstab to mount them. mount -a mounts the said directories. //192.168.0.22/CCTV/xeoma...
11
11

cpu usgae 90% on Pi4
On my new raspberry Pi 4 I have just 2 programs running 24/7. One is CumulusMX weather station, and the other is Xeoma CCTV camera program with 4 cameras running. Due to a couple of minor niggles with...
5
5

How to keep the monitor always on
is there a setting somewhere which will allow the monitor or video to be always on and not go into standby. In ubuntu it is easy to find, but I can't find where to do what I want on the Pi4
4
4

Migration from pi3 to pi4
I have an pi3 working with a raspbian stretch. I must migrate the full system to a pi4b. I have copied the sd of pi3 (both the partitions) into 2 file with 'dd' in hd of my pc (debian). After, I have...
6
6

Destruction of SD card?
I read somewhere (forgotten where) yesterday that the SD card in a RPi malfunctions because log files (which nobody reads anyway) wear out the write count on the card and so one has to keep a stock of...
36
36

DSI Screen
I'm trying to find a simple DSI screen for a PI, nothing fancy, I only need to put up a couple of lines of text. After much rummaging online, I can find older references to a larger screen, but...
2
2