Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

One I2C bus, two programs - how does that work ?
Hello all, I've got a few I2C modules (clock, temperature sensor, etc) that I would like to access using different programs. Under Windows the first program accessing certain hardware "takes...
38
38

VNC refused connection
I have been following this project: and when I enter the pi's ip address: 192.168.0.19:8080 into a web browser, I get connection refused. It is the same even on the raspberry pi, it refused to...
18
18

GPIO14 jitters on boot
Hi, I'm using a headless pi1B to control some relays. One of these is connected to GPIO14 (Pin 8). I'm finding that it jitterss rapidly on boot, then settles down. I suspect that this behaviour is...
7
7

Accessing GPIO pins using the two different numering schemes (BCM and BOARD) at the same time ?
Hello all, I'm trying to put some GPIO pin related code into a class object, when I realized that when I, while initializing the object, use import as GPIO I could be overriding a previously set mode,...
26
26

Switching a 3B+ to 3B speed (for testing) ?
Hello all, I have a 3B+ on which I'm currently writing some Python to toggel some pins. I would like to check if those scripts will work decently on a 3B too, and got the idea to just tell my 3B+ to...
3
3

Optional features?
Reading through Intel's manual of the ARM64 architecture (all 6666 pages of it!) it seems that some things are implementation defined. So, in the case of the RPi4 what optional features are not...
10
10

Raspberry Pi Xorg support
Does anyone know if/when the Pi will provide kernel GPU support for Xorg? Currently all desktop operations use the frame buffer - a pig if you're running a a program that does a lot of drawing :(
5
5

ARM Discussions?
Is there a Usenet news group for discussing ARM in general? I've looked at but it looks moribund, only 5 posts over the past year (from Eternal September anyway)
7
7

"open with" - Getting rid of OpenOffice writer - applying brute force.
Hello all, I think you might have noticed that I am getting a bit fed up with the complexity and lack of information of doing something as simple as changing the order and contents of the "open with"...
1
1

pcmanfm - How to set the preferred order of "open with" ?
Hello all, Currently I can rightclick a python source file and than select an application to open it with. Is there a way to change the order of this list ? I would like to put a text editor on top,...
38
38

The time to install my RPis 1, 2, 3, & 4 ...
... will be when I have detailed info on the Videocore processor such that I can program it from power up. Until then, they'll just be gathering dust. Perhaps in 30 years' time they might be worth...
1
1

Thonny - hotkey to switch between code and output window ?
Hello all, I'm currently using the Thonny IDE to write python code in, and noticed that, when I F5 (run) the script the cursor moves from the code to the "shell" (output) window and stays there. The...
2
2

init.d is there a info and/or a tutorial available ?
Hello all, I wanted to add a shell script to init.d, and and had a ball with googeling enough info to be able to successfully add a script to the boot sequence. :- But there is something I've not been...
12
12

Booting from a hard disk?
Perhaps there is a need for a THUNK processor to emulate the SD protocol on one side (to replace the SD in Pi) and to drive a HD on the other. Job for an Arduino or a DSPic33?
6
6

External disk with the pi 4, anyone
I'm having a hard time finding the information I want , so I ask here: Has anyone had success using an external disk with the pi 4, and preferably booting from it. The other option I thought about was...
23
23