Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PostScript printer setup on Buster
Trying to set up Buster to print over a LAN to a Brother MFC8480dn B&W laster printer. Cups installed without obvious issues, runs as expected and finds the printer by IP address. I fed it a .ppd file...
2
2

desktop switcheroo on Buster
The Buster install booted without issue and ran through the setup menus very nicely. I added a personal user and am able to log in to the CLI, run startx and run applications. Next I mounted the...
28
28

Checking a new boot microSD card
I tried to write a Buster image to a new microSD card (Samsung Evo Plus) using a usb-microSD adapter supplied with the card. It seemed to work, but slowly, following the directions at using my...
6
6

How to have a desktop shortcut refer to itself in the "exec" entry ?
Hello all, I created a simple .desktop shortcut file, and wanted to call a program and provide it the current shortcuts filename as an argument. I thought I could use "%k", but as it turns out that...

Trashcan error deleting folders/files on nfs share
I just started reading this group so please excuse me if this question has been asked/answered before. I use a Mac mini as a NFS file server. the /etc/exports file has this line: /Users/myid...

Raspi 4 Boot problems
When i use the followings sd cards booting needs up to 90 seconds, and the four Raspberries appear several times on the screen. After boot the raspi runs absolutely stable. Samsung Micro SDHC 32GB EVO...
6
6

Controlling the time of anacron's cron.daily in raspbian buster?
I want the cron.daiy jobs to run earlier in the morning than they do by default. I used to do this by editing the time in /etc/cron.d/anacron, but that no longer works; nor does changing the time in...
41
41

a .desktop shortcut containing multiple actions. How to select one ?
Hello all, I just took a look into the "" file found in the "/user/share/applications" folder, and noticed that it contained multiple "Exec=...." lines, in as many chapters. According to information I...
3
3

Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?
While searching for other info I was reminded about Raspberry Pi. Problem is that over does glitz. I need a text based matrix of cards vs features. [Pointer either to appropriate page of or a U.S....
56
56

Starting a Python script thru a shortcut - how to detect the SHIFT key being pressed while doing it ?
Hello all, I've got a Python 3 script which I start by clicking a shortcut on the desktop. I would like to be able to have the script show a dialog (with options) when I click the link while the...
24
24

NAS and maybe more
Newbie here. Best solution for a RaspberryPi 4B 4G to use as a NAS server. Using heatsinks. Is fan needed? Will it support two 8TB USB3 Drives as NAS ? Solution 1 Raspbian with Samba Will it run stand...
2
2

NextCloudPi boot hangs
I have a Raspberry 3B+ and wrote the NextCloudPi_RPi_12-20-19 image by Win32DiskImager onto my 32GB microSD card. This worked fine, but booting the Raspi stops after a lot of lines with "Started...
1
1

Question about ever growing swap space on raspi 4 4 GB
Question about ever growing swap space on raspi 4 4 GB I run buster on a raspberry pi4 with 4 GB RAM. I notice swap space is getting exhausted slowly. Uptime: 07:37:54 up 12 days, 17:46, 17 users,...
61
61

Rephrasing my ALSA question - Does the example code work ?
Hello all, I've found a simple tutorial here and have a bit of a problem with listing #3. First off , when I executed the program it had a long delay executing the "snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near()"...
26
26

Pi4 Reacher GLES 3.1 Level
Good news as it was only designed for GLES 3.0 initially so it's a bonus!