Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cpu usgae 90% on Pi4
On my new raspberry Pi 4 I have just 2 programs running 24/7. One is CumulusMX weather station, and the other is Xeoma CCTV camera program with 4 cameras running. Due to a couple of minor niggles with...
5
5

How to keep the monitor always on
is there a setting somewhere which will allow the monitor or video to be always on and not go into standby. In ubuntu it is easy to find, but I can't find where to do what I want on the Pi4
4
4

Migration from pi3 to pi4
I have an pi3 working with a raspbian stretch. I must migrate the full system to a pi4b. I have copied the sd of pi3 (both the partitions) into 2 file with 'dd' in hd of my pc (debian). After, I have...
6
6

Destruction of SD card?
I read somewhere (forgotten where) yesterday that the SD card in a RPi malfunctions because log files (which nobody reads anyway) wear out the write count on the card and so one has to keep a stock of...
36
36

DSI Screen
I'm trying to find a simple DSI screen for a PI, nothing fancy, I only need to put up a couple of lines of text. After much rummaging online, I can find older references to a larger screen, but...
2
2

problem moving root to hard drive (library files not found, kernel panic)
Hi all, I'm stumped with this one. I've got a running raspbian system: the root partition is on the SD card, while everything else is on various partitions on a connected hard drive. The hard drive...
19
19

No video with Pi4
I recently bought a Raspebery pi4, then a micro hdmi to vga adaptor, then a the new type C power supply. I have just fired the pi4 up, but there is no video. I've tried both hdmi ports on the pi, but...
29
29

Speed testing software for storage devices
Is there a program for testing speed of storage devices anyhere in the Raspbian apt-get universe? I'd like to test read/write speeds of a microSD card that seems to be getting stuck from time to time....
7
7

View Stonehenge in real time via Raspberry Pi
Stonehenge is Britain?s greatest monument and it currently attracts more than 1.5 million visitors each year. It?s possible to walk around the iconic stone circle and visit the Neolithic houses...
2
2

Pi, exim4 and google smtp
My headless pi has been sending emails to my normal account from it and its companion headless pi for well over a year. They are only occasional status, temperature warning and the like so should be...
33
33

Raspberry Pi4 with ubuntu??
I'm thinking about getting the Pi4 4Gb version, installing ubuntu on it then running CCTV software from a 64Gb microSD card. Any gotchas , can it be done? Thanks
15
15

X11 font installation
I'm having trouble getting fonts recognised. I've installed the base edition of the current raspbian, plus sundry extra packages including the X11 base fonts. The intent is to run headless with...
5
5

Pi music centre - anyone done it?
I'm considering my options for music playing around the house. I have much of my music digitised now and available from a file server that's on all the time. What I need is some simple 'clients' that...
42
42

How to move /boot or /boot/firmware on Raspbian buster?
Hi, Small version : My Raspbian is chrooted on an usb disk but the /boot is still on the sd card. My /boot is too small to update the kernel (60M)... The kernel version I have on buster : 4.19.58-v7+...
3
3

Where to start learning Raspberry Pi with Lora communication?
Am planning to experiment with radio communication using "Lora" circuits, DRF1262T in my case. Are there any recommendation on e. g: - Tutorials. - Lora programming sequence. - Programming examples. -...
3
3