Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Identifying UASP compliant adapters
Having fumbled my first attempt to get a "good" usb-sata adapter for eventual use with a Pi4 it's time to ask again for advice. Very few usb3-sata adapters disclose enough information to ascertain...
20
20

Pi1 to Pi3B+ Vulkan driver running VkQuake III at 100 FPS+
Just passing along this great news. Linux Hardware Reviews & Performance Benchmarks, Open-Source News - Phoronix

Pi 4 and USB C
Hello, I have a short question and I hope you can help: as I understand it the first release of the Pi 4 had issues with the USB-C port. Has that been fixed and a new hardware revision is released and...
63
63

Re: Raspberry Pi2 and BME280 Sensor problem
In message , David Taylor writes Thanks. I've not got any PI1s so I've not been able to test that. The legend on the graphs refers to "RaspI-3", I'm assuming that is the host name of the Pi. It can be...
1
1

Rpi4 with debian buster - no audio
I am running the debian buster from nfs root with the RPi 4 4.19.97-v7l+ #1294 kernel However I can't get audio working neither on the 3.5" jack nor on the HDMI With raspbian I got sound at least...
2
2

devual linux
Does anyone know if there is any likelihood of this being ported to the Pi4? I have an image for the Pi3, and as a minimal install it's dramatically better than the systemD challenged debian...
24
24

It's all gone purple - again.
Last year there was an update to the raspi camera driver that was needed to support the pi4. Unfortunately it broke the v4l2 driver (bm2835 mmal) on the pi zero resulting in infra red light images...
4
4

Pi4 booting mode to HDD
Hello All! Any one know if the 4 firmware now works to boot directly to a USB connected HDD ? Considering on getting a X850? card and box along with a Laptop power unit as an upgrade from my Pi 3B+...

OT: DEC Alpha and 64 bit
I was talking here recently of the possibility of a Dreadnought 64-bit only language for the RPi, but it seems that I might have been pipped at the post by the DEC Alpha. As far as I can gather, the...
3
3

Qcad for raspberry pi
I tried bob@raspberrypi:~/Documents $ sudo apt-get install qcad [sudo] password for bob: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW...
7
7

BLE, GATT and having it auto-reconnect. Possible ?
Hello all, I've got a small BLE device (an iTag) which I'm able to communicate with using a GATT class I found here: It works fine, but for one thing: Whenever I get outof range (which is rather easy...
10
10

SIze of Pi4 /boot
The Raspbian updates complain that my /boot partition is too small, Pi4 support dropped. How large must /boot be for Pi4?
17
17

VLC on rpi 3b+ / stretch
VLC on my rpi3b+ with raspbian stretch has gone flaky. VLC on my rpi3b wit h stretch is fine. VLC also fine on rpi4b (4Gig) running buster. I can pl ay fast forward (4x - 6x) on 3b and 4b. But VLC on...
1
1

Wireless Bluetooth Anti-Loss Key Tracker - could use some communications info ..
Hello all, I saw a product named "Wireless Bluetooth Anti-Loss Key Tracker" and decided to buy one, together with AT-09 bluetooth LE module. Would be fun to connect them and see what all I could do...
2
2

rsync oddity
I have a Pi3B which has a SSD mounted on it. When I try to rsync parts of the SD card to another PI (with a disc mounted on it), it will work for a short period of time (4 days - one rsync/day), then...
60
60