Video Monitor Help

I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV monitors. One of them now blows the unreg dc fuse. Isolating different sections, I traced the problem to a low resistance reading in the horiz osc/hv section, whose operation has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I have limited eqpt at my site workbench, a Fluke multimeter. I could use a schematic to help me trace the problem further. Google only found tech manuals for $20, which they can't spare, and being the pix quality was only marginally good, probably needs a new tube eventually too. Any help would be appreciated. PS: They dont throw anything out. Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick

Gosh, no helping hand at all? The museum is the Battleship New Jersey.

--

-bye, Rick

news:LNOdnbjVN92PlAzbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... I volunteer at a small museum that has a bank of Panasonic WV-5490 CCTV monitors. One of them now blows the unreg dc fuse. Isolating different sections, I traced the problem to a low resistance reading in the horiz osc/hv section, whose operation has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I have limited eqpt at my site workbench, a Fluke multimeter. I could use a schematic to help me trace the problem further. Google only found tech manuals for $20, which they can't spare, and being the pix quality was only marginally good, probably needs a new tube eventually too. Any help would be appreciated. PS: They dont throw anything out. Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick

Not many people repair these monitors, so the manuals are not readily available. I would check with local TV stations, Military bases, School systems, and places that install CCTV equipment. One may have the manual, or even donate a used, but working monitor. You may even get several donated, as long as you're a non profit, and can give a receipt for their donation.

If that fails, they should see if someone will donate money for the manual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida