This has me puzzled (resistor change)

** If you find an electro well above its marked capacitance value - what do you conclude ??

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That the oxide layer has degraded, and might be about to fail?

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Back when I used to carry a big box of tubes (valves) for on site repair, I could spot any tube out of hundreds in seconds. After a long time using them, we don't "read" the tube number as much as just flat out recognize it - just like when reading words.

Reply to
John-Del

** How do you check for this?

..... Phil