TFT monitor ticking in standby mode

I have a HP TFT monitor (LP3065) that is "ticking" while in energy- save/standby mode. The screen is completely silent while being used, but when it enters standby mode it starts to tick with a ~4 second interval. The noise seems to come from the electronics on the upper part of the screen's back-side. It also seems to affect the screen's internal power lines as loudspeakers powered by the screen's built-in USB hub transmit/amplify the ticks.

I'd like to check with you experts here if this is considered normal? (it's quite an annoyance)

Best regards Mike Wilson

Reply to
mikewse