Tannoy TS10 sub

** I have a Tannoy TS10 in for repair.

The PSU switching FET (IRF740) is shorted so I expect the drive IC ( UC3842) is also dead. There appears to be NO source resistor with the FET for current sensing.

The PSU produces a *single* DC rail for the bridge mode amplifier of about

140 volts - there is a 1000uF, 160V electro. I guess the speaker outputs rest at 0 volts and the DC rail electronically splits into +/- 70 volts.

Question is, how in hell are only four *puny* TO220 mosfets supposed to form a bridged output stage and drive a 4 ohm woofer from such a supply voltage ?

Looks to me like a real piece of Chinese shit.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This page says it uses something called BASH, which I'd never heard of.

After much googling I found this:

Which suggests it does something similar to the Yamaha XM6150 I currently have waiting for parts. I don't see why a 160V rail is needed though.

Old guy.

Reply to
John Smith

"John Smith"

** Thanks for going to all that trouble.

There is indeed a switching regulator on the main DC output and the scheme is similar to the Klipsch one.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi,

I'm looking for the schematics for the TS10 any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
nestorecano

What's the problem with it?

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

It turns on, but super low gain

Reply to
Nestor Cano

That's really not a lot of information to go on.

Good luck.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis