Quations on Spellman HV power supply

I sent the following email to Spellman via their Web site at least 3 times with no reply. Apparently, Spellman can't be bothered with such trivialities. It's not an email problem as I did receive acknowledgement of receipt via an autoreply on at least one occasion. My apologies to Spellman if indeed they have replied but for some reason the emails didn't get through.

This is with regard to a 0 to +50 kVDC high voltage power supply module:

I have a Spellman PCM50P50X2572, which I assume is an OEM supply. It works fine with pins jumpered 1-15, 2-8,3-11. I can adjust the voltage from 0 to 50 kV using an external pot, but the current limit remains fixed at 1 mA.

I have a two questions about it:

  1. The nameplate rating is 1 mA at 50 kV while the general PCM series would be about 2.5 mA. Is this simply how it's set or is there an internal current limit adjustment, or is it just whimpier than the standard PCM supply. Assuming it requires a jumper or resistor to convert to the full 2.5 mA, I would appreciate instructions. I could start tracing the pot circuit but would much prefer not to have to! :)
  2. The interlock appears to be permanently enabled so that pins 5-6 don't do anything - the interlock relay comes on when power is applied. Can this be restored to normal PCM behavior?

Thank you very much!

And my Drexel sig line.

When I asked questions of Glassman about one of their power supplies, they sent me a complete manual with schematics free of charge.

Thanks for any info or a contact at Spellman who will listen. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: