Pzieoelectic sensor failure modes

Hi,

I'm using a piezoelectric sensor to measure pressure (changes, of course :> ) in a relatively high frequency (a few hundred hertz) high dynamic range (0 - 25,000 lbs percussive loading) application.

I'm wondering what types of failures I can expect to see and schemes to alleviate them.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Do the test items themselves involve failure and shock waves? I used to work where we did destructive, up to 50 ton, testing of beams etc and we had these neat looking but useless loadcells with built in LCD displays that could not take the conducted shockwaves at failure.

N_Cook