Product Evaluation HA !

. Little brown things.

The ALL read like 1.001K, some 1.002. So that is why the were cheap. Well a ctually I can live with that.

Anyway, our "quality control" testing included, after a few pints and tokes , a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter unde r it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having m ore hydrocarbons in the flue.

If they were to accumulate on the body they could reach 1 microSeimens whic h would affect the reading to 1/1,000 + 1/1,000,000 to get ohms. something like that.

So I am holding the lighter and we are both watching the Fluke. After a bit the resistor caught o fire.

That MFer still read 1.001K.

"I think it passed".

Reply to
Jeff Urban

What tolerate were these? From the armchair perspective, the lack of

1.000k sounds like those were binned out and sold as tigher tolerace.

What are some other real life tests folks use to qualify components outside of the standard boring stuff on a datasheet? For example an assembled board can pass all tests, but still have terrible solder quality and to my knowledge there isn't really a scoring or rating system for the quality of final assembly.

Does anybody tug on leads anymore, or bend them to see if they break or still solder? How often are there "surprise" lots of components that completely suck?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

========================= =============

es. Little brown things.

** LOL !

** ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!

Those are 0.1% tolerance parts.

Any error is in your METER !!!

** You on drugs?

es,

**Question answered.

a thermal characteristic test. Taking an average specimen and clipping it to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter under it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having mo re hydrocarbons in the flue.

** You are joking ?

Aren't you ?

This Loon is straight from the Loonie bin.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

==============

ales. Little brown things.

okes,

t to the measuring device was adequate and then I put my butane lighter und er it. Now I figure a Zippo is less suitable for this because of it having more hydrocarbons in the flue.

There's a character in a TV show (Big Bang Theory) that you remind me of. Like that character (Sheldon), you also seem to have a problem with sarcasm or hyperbole unless it's accompanied by a smiley face emoji.

Reply to
John-Del

You are far too kind!

Reply to
peterwieck33

I'm just a sweetheart down deep.

You would have thought that OHM (off his meds) Phil would have caught on to Jeff's sarcasm when Jeff summed up the evaluation of the resistor's tight value readings and temperature torture resistance with "I think it passed" - the quotes being Jeff's...

Reply to
John-Del

No, it is not. This is compared to two other good meters, one a Fluke 8842, and one of them was calibrated to NIST a couple of years ago.

No other resistors on near that range read 0.1% high.

But you grab on to anything to dig on someone so, so be it.

Reply to
Jeff Urban