OT: Kutztown XXXIV Antique Radio Show and Sale

Officially, May 13/14 at the Renningers Farm Market and Antique Mall, Kutzt own, PA. Link below:

Admission is free, camping on-site is free, parking is free. Hundreds of ve ndors, thousands of radios, audio, widgets and gimcracks related to and cou sins of the vintage radio hobby. NOTE: Thursday has become almost as active as Friday or Saturday for those willing to pay a small early buyer fee. Re gistered Vendors and club members do not pay this fee.

As always, I will be at the Club Table arriving Thursday morning and runnin g a clinic on the basic diagnosis of vintage radios et.al..

If you are looking for *that* part or *that* radio - this is the best oppor tunity you will find where you can actually kick the tires and hold the obj ect prior to purchase.

Come one, come all!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Hi Peter:

Slideshow piqued my interest! As either a vendor or customer I might really rock your show: I'm a fan of my generation's "Atwaters" - boom boxes!

I collect late '70s-mid-'80s examples, preferably pre- CD. All makes, but I prefer they have shortwave bands and RCA-jacks for connecting external audio (iPhones, etc,). JVC, Sanyo are my favorites. Their build quality and sound quality put today's excuses for portables to shame! Blue Tooth? Who needs Blue Tooth?? lol

As stated previously, based on what I saw from last September, I'd really stand out with as a vendor with a table full of these things!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

You should try - but! Right now, the main pavilion is sold out, and has bee n since last September. So, you would be relegated to the second pavilion w ith about 1/3 the vendors of the main. Not to suggest that this is a poor l ocation - most of the very highest end audio stuff was to be found in the s econd pavilion, as it happens. But, you are far from the club table where i nformation is given out and announcements are made. When this meet started some years ago, it was 1/2 of one pavilion and ran for 6 hours, billing its elf as "Not Rochester". Today it is 1-2/3 pavilions and runs, effectively, for 60 hours. AKA, the BEAST from the EAST. Rochester, today, is an afterth ought.

NOTE: I broadcast on 1380 AM and 92.1FM from the club table, and I have the capacity to make announcements OTA. So, if a radio is tuned conveniently n earby, you may use those services. We generally broadcast vintage big-band, radio shows and such, along with many PSAs for the auction, club services and such. I also keep a small range of tools, including hand-tools, two DVM s, one LCR, one ESR, a signal injector, generator and such-like for the bas ic diagnostic services the club also offers. And, a very fine tube tester ( Hickok 539B).

Re: Your particular specialty: The BIN (Buy-It-Now) table usually has a rea sonable selection of BBs, mostly in fairly poor shape, but could be excelle nt sources for parts, especially appearance parts. So, for $5 - $25, you co uld fill a small van with restoration parts and candidates for same.

Find me at the club table. The bald/bearded guy sitting behind all the tool s.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Thanks Peter!

Yeah, I'm probably attending just as a visitor this time. Any coaster nuts in your crowd? Dorney's right next door. :)

Too bad so many of those boom boxes weren't treated more nicely back in the day - slammed between school bus doors, knocked off desks, etc.

I have real respect for all types of audio equipment, including portables, and know how to get good sound out of anything.

I also need to know Pete: WHERE have my time signals gone?? LOL. 5, 10,

15, 20mHz. All noise, barely a trace of the time signals. I have a theory, but what's your's?
Reply to
thekmanrocks

Sorry - Khz! I'm severely dyslexic, so I always get that mixed up.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Now this is a boom box!

Chuck

Chuck:

Thanks for sharing! It's even got a turntable.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Also 2 tonearms so the record didn't need to be flipped.

Chuck